Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Hello people!


I am not sure what happened to time.  I could swear that I was 27 like....three months ago.  You know that feeling when you are super busy for a few weeks and when you come up for air, a whole season has passed?  That sort of sums it up.  I was hanging with friends, working, studying, dating...  The next thing I knew, the dreaded 4-0 was RIGHT THERE and I had no clue where the previous 13 years had disappeared to.

Do not fret - NONE of it went to waste.  I have a decent education, a wealth of friends, an improving credit score,  a well of stories filled with humor, stupidity and shenanigans, a family I understand and appreciate on more mature level, hobbies that bring me peace and joy, a husband who has taught me more about love than anyone I know and.....a  hot mess of cellulite.  I was tossed a couple of MAJOR life challenges - the tragic death of a boyfriend, a raging case of anxiety, the loss of almost EVERY grandparent I was given and an introduction to my biological father who...well, let's just not go there today.  ALL OF THIS has segued into a recognition that I am worth more than I have ever known.

As a result, I have slid into 40 with a certain amount of grace.  I have come out of my challenging 30's with a deeper love of self, confidence in who I am as a daughter, sister, lover and friend.  I feel so sexy in my skin. I know what I bring to the table and am completely okay with that.

I am me without apology.  I encourage you to feel the same.






No comments:

Post a Comment